- This event has passed.
January webinar: Solidarity Inside & Outside The Home
January 24 @ 12:30 pm - 1:45 pm
9:30 a.m. Pacific // 12:30 p.m. Eastern
Co-presented with Hollaback!
Hate crimes and harassment have spiked since November 8th. Many are wondering if they will be targeted next, or what they could be doing. From our children to our children’s caregivers, our coworkers to our neighbors—how can we reduce fear and create more security for us all?
Women, immigrants, people of color, and low-income workers need us to show up now more than ever before. We’re inviting you to a special joint webinar on creating safety and solidarity, from inside our homes to out on the streets.
“Solidarity Inside & Outside of Your Home” is specially geared for employers of house cleaners, nannies, and home care attendants. We know that 90% of these workers are immigrants, meaning they are especially vulnerable under a Trump administration.
Learn how to support the person you employ by being a fair employer, a source of support and security during troubled times, and how to carry that support from your home into the public arena.
Hand in Hand, creators of the Fair Care Pledge, and Hollaback, developers of Bystander Intervention trainings and webinars, will jointly present this 1-hour webinar.
If you’ve been wondering:
- How do I make sure I’m doing the right things as an employer?
- What are your rights and responsibilities?
- Should you be talking about the election with the person you employ?
- How can I support my nanny / cleaner / home attendant if she has been harassed or is scared of being harassed while working for me or during her commute?
- What can I do if I see someone being harassed because of their race or religion?